Plan your trip to Monda
Hotel Castillo de Monda is located in the white village of Monda, in the heart of Sierra de las Nieves National Park, only 20 minutes from the gold sandy beaches of Marbella and 40 minutes from the vibrant city of Malaga.
We provide transfers from the airport upon request or if you prefer you can rent a car to have more flexibility and freedom to visit the area on your own. There is one public bus going to Monda to Marbella and back and it runs few times during the day.
There are many great things to do in and around Monda so if you plan your trip to Monda, make sure to include some of these great attractions!
Getting to the hotel from Málaga
If you are driving and you come from Malaga Airport you can use the following driving instructions:
- Take the MA-20 to Malaga city and after 4 minutes (3 kilometres) take the A-357 to Cartama.
- After approximately 17 minutes you take the exit 48 to Coin-Marbella.
- Take the A-355 and proceed in the direction of Marbella until you see the road sign of Monda.
- Take the exit to Monda and proceed in the direction of Guaro.
- You will cross the village and after the visitors center of Monda you will see on the left the sign to go up to the hotel Castillo de Monda.
- Drive in first gear as the way up is a little steep but wide enough to arrive safe and ready to relax with us.
Take A Detour
- If you prefer to visit part of the village on your way to our castle you can also get to our hotel driving in the direction of Marbella.
- You will drive through a long street where you will see the castle on your right hand side on the top of the hill.
- You will need to take the last street right before you exit Monda, called Avenida de Marbella.
- Drive straight until you see the sign with the name of our hotel on the wall of a white house.
- Turn left into a very narrow street and then drive straight up to the castle.
NOTE: We don’t recommend you take this route with large cars as you will drive through typical narrow streets of an Andalusian white village which can sometimes be too narrow to get through with a large car.